My biggest mistake in online publishing was that I never prioritized email as strongly as I should have. Now, almost 20 years since publishing my first website, I have realized that email is the most powerful and most personal tool out there.
For a long time, I have considered my blog, together with my social media profiles, the center of my online identity. Now, I have decided to make a big shift, and make my personal newsletter my new center.
Email was the #1 critical success factor for so many people and for so many businesses. Today, if I had to choose between a website, social media, telephone, a physical store, or email, I would choose email every time. Email is personal, email is immediate, and most importantly, if you are running a business, email sells, and it sells big time.
So the first idea I want to share with you is this:
- How can you apply this insight?
- How about you set up a personal newsletter as well?
- How can your business use email more actively?
- Are you collecting email addresses? If not, why?
People and books that have inspired me to finally take action:
- Choose Yourself by James Altucher, together with his website and podcast (check out the episodes with Ramit Sethi and Noah Kagan)
- Noah Kagan and his toolkit SumoMe
- Loic Le Meur’s personal newsletter
My passion is learning, creating and sharing. I am thrilled to share many more things with you, so stay tuned!