7 Habits Of Highly Effective People by Stephen R. Covey (Audio version):
- What a powerful book. Have read it 8 years ago, an re-reading it unlocked a whole new level. The author was inspired by Man’s Search For Meaning by Viktor E. Frankl, one of my favorite books.
- “Between stimulus and response there is a space. In that space is our power to choose our response. In our response lies our growth and our freedom.” – Viktor E. Frankl
- I’ve decided to spend much more time in Quadrant 2 (Important + Not urgent) and Habit 7 (Sharpen the Saw). Spending 2-3 hours to read and learn per day falls exactly into this category.
- I’m not doing daily planning anymore. I’ve moved to a Weekly schedule (using this template). It’s now my second week I’m doing this, and it had a great impact so far. I print out the template and glue it into my paper notebook. All my weekly and daily planning now is done here. The other pages in the notebook are only used for notes and ideas, basically my paper inbox which I process regularly.
- This is definitely a book I need to re-read regularly. If you haven’t read it, go buy it now.
- I especially recommend the audio version. The author is reading it personally. It feels like a personal coaching session. I only learned later that Stephen Covey died in 2012. That means I’ve been personally coached by a dead person. What a great legacy by Mr. Covey.
Living the 7 Habits by Stephen R. Covey (Audio version):
- Great companion book to the 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People
- Very inspiring stories by people who have applied the 7 Habits
- I was especially touched by the teacher who made the 7 Habits the core of her teaching. The impact was astounding. I would have loved to have a teacher like this. If you are or know a teacher, please inspire her or him to do the same. The world needs people like this!
- I was also deeply touched by the father who was able to deeply connect with his daughter by playing the “What I love about you” game. This story made me cry!
How to Develop Your Personal Mission Statement by Stephen R. Covey (Audio version)
- Developing a Personal Mission Statement is one of the center-pieces of the 7 Habits Of Highly Effective People
- This short book serves the purpose of assisting you through this process
- Each Sunday, I have scheduled an hour to work on my Personal Mission Statement. According to the author, there is no purpose in rushing the process. It can take several months, until you come up with a final version