I’m a big fan of morning routines, because they help me get a good start into the day. However, they are never static. As my life progresses and evolves, so do my mornings.
Here is the current version:
- I get up at 06:45
- I read the daily teaching in The Daily Stoic book (German version)
- I do a 1–3 minutes breathing exercise (using the Wim Hof app or Oak)
- I do 4–8 minutes of high intensity interval training (using this video, I also like the 7 Minute Workout)
- I write my daily journal using this Self Reflection app
- I read or work, until my 13-hour fast is completed (I use Zero to track my daily fasting)
- I start a podcast episode or audiobook, and do the following sequence: eating breakfast, cleaning the kitchen, brushing teeth, shaving. All very slowly and deliberately, as I usually love the audio I am listening to.
- Now it’s between 09:00–11:00 and I feel quite nourished on many levels
I gave up my office, so unfortunately I’m not walking to work anymore. I used to love it. Instead, I sold my gasoline scooter, and am now doing it the Mr. Money Mustache way, using a bicycle.
I have also been thinking about incorporating a more formal writing practice as proposed by Seth Godin, but have not been ready to make this commitment yet.
What are your best morning habits? Let me know on Twitter.