Last year, I started listening to more health related podcasts, and fasting kept coming up.
Since then, I experimented and fell in love with it.
- I do a daily 13-hour circadian rhythm fast (I use Zero to help me)
- I did a 5-day ProLon Fasting Mimicking Diet once and plan to do it more often (ideally each quarter)
I feel and sleep better, and what I most like is the daily self-control element. After I press the start button I’m only allowed to drink water. No juices, no night eating. As long as the 13 hours are not up, I keep drinking water in the morning. No breakfast, no tea. If I start at 7pm, I stop at 8am. If I eat late until 10pm, I fast until 11am. Simple.
I’ve not dug into the science myself yet. It’s something I plan to do. I’m eager to verify if the promised benefits hold true:
- That fasting makes chemo-therapy more effective, as exemplified by the story of Zero CEO Mike Maser
- Less risk of cancer
- Less risk of diabetes
- Less risk of cardiovascular diseases
- Longer and healthier lifespan
Want to learn more? Here are some great resources for beginners:
- [Podcast] How to live to 100, Dr. Valter Longo
- [Documentary] Fasting – the movie (try the code “FMD” to watch for free)
- [Book] The Longevity Diet by Valter Longo
How has fasting impacted your life? Let me know on Twitter.