I bought my AirPods exactly two years ago. To be honest, I was reluctant to buy them. I have been pretty happy with my regular headphones, and was used to the daily untangling ritual. Also, another device you need to charge. And another item in your pocket. Really?
Then I kept reading/hearing positive reviews about them. Most people were surprised how good they were, and recommended the purchase.
So I took the plunge. Today, I can confidently say: It was one of the best sub-$200 purchases I have done in the past two years. I use them every day.
Also, I don’t feel weird anymore. In the first few months, not many people had them, so I stood out. These days, you see them everywhere. But still, I’m surprised how many iPhone users I know that don’t have them yet.
That’s why I’m writing this post, to promote a great product. By the way, dear entrepreneurs, this is what true product/market fit looks like: people can’t stop talking about your product.
Why I love AirPods:
- No cord untangling anymore (!)
- You can charge your phone while moving freely around the apartment, listening to something
- The charging case provides 24 hours of battery life, and it’s always with me
- It’s much more convenient to listen to audio while walking/hiking, on a bicycle, while brushing teeth, or shaving (yes, I do all of that)
- When I’m on a long call and my AirPods are about to get empty, I can simply charge them one AirPod at a time, without an interruption to the call and usually without the other party even noticing it
- Answering a phone by double-tapping an AirPod feels really cool
By now, you should have learned that audio is “titanically important“. Therefore, I highly recommend that you get your pair of AirPods (or some equivalent high-quality wireless headphones, if you don’t have an iPhone). You won’t be disappointed.
Want to see the new AirPods in action? Here’s a video review by Marques Brownlee.