Is Idorsia the next biotech winner in Europe?
- The founders have sold their previous company for $30B in cash
- They now want to do it again, and hold 29% of Idorsia
- Their insomnia drug has just been approved in the US
Idorsia is a high-potential Swiss biotech company, founded by the same people that built Actelion, a biotech company that was sold to Johnson & Johnson for $30B in cash. Jean-Paul and Martine Clozel now intend to build a second Actelion, but instead of owning just 5%, they now own 29% of the company. Here’s my investment thesis.
Here’s the video:
Here’s the audio:
Download podcast episode
- Idorsia website: https://www.idorsia.com/
- Actelion 2016 financial results: https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2017/02/14/916716/0/en/Actelion-announces-excellent-financial-results-for-2016.html
- 100 baggers video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9JiS3DGPEGs
Here’s a list of all my other investing videos:
Idorsia is a Swiss biopharmaceutical company specializing in the discovery and development of small molecules to meet critical medical needs. Jean-Paul, CEO, and Martine, Chief Scientist, with a powerful pipeline and a world-class R&D engine, aim to build Idorsia into a leading biopharmaceutical company and bring more innovative medicines to patients in need. Idorsia’s goal is to discover the development and commercialization of innovative medicines to help more patients. To do this, they aim to transform Idorsia into a leading biopharmaceutical company with a strong scientific core.