Went hiking with my kids yesterday and gave them a deep dive on how to invest intelligently:
– the difference between price and value
– how the stock market works
– the importance of doing your own research
– why it‘s important to always put a probability on your predictions about the future
– the value proposition of Bitcoin and where could it be in 10 or 20 years
– how to estimate the market cap of a company (I used a rental property and Apple as examples)
– entrepreneurship vs. being an emplyee
– the importance of a high savings rate
– and so much more
Was really fun, and they asked excellent questions and did a lot of math in their head. So proud of them. I wish someone taught me this so early.
By the way, they started investing before they were five years old. I started really simple, and increased the complexity with their age.
These lessons will provide them a lot of value in their lives if they take them to heart. What they do with them is up to them.